Monday, June 20, 2005

Sony Not Happy about "Adult" PSP Films

Check out this article on Gamespot.

Sony is not happy about adult movies being released for their Play Station Portable system. They are basically saying that the system is aimed at kids and adults and shouldn't have adult-type content on there.

Now, in my opinion, a $250 game system is not exactly made for kids. That is a lot of money for a portable system that comes with no games (Average game price $30-40). Also, looking at the 15 regular movies available for the system that I could fine, 8 of them are rated PG-13, 3 are rated PG, and 4 are rated R. If this system is supposed to be for kids, then where are the kid movies? I didn't see any. Also, the movie prices are insane. $20-$30 for one movie that will only be played on a very small screen. I'd rather get the $10-15 DVD and buy a portable DVD player for $100.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Yeah, and it looks from the article like some prefectures in Japan are already considering restricting the sale of the PSP to minors based on some of the other, more adult software available. When these films are released, it's not gonna help Sony there at all.

I wonder if the marketing would work the same in Japan as in the U.S.? If I'm a minor in Japan, can I just walk into the video store and pick up an adult film? Or must I be a certain age? Is there a rating system? Most chain video places in the States don't carry the hardcore adult films; one must go to a specialized retailer for that where children aren't even allowed in the door. Way back in the day -'79 to be exact - I was kicked out of a video arcade in Germany because you had to be 18 to be there. Let's take some kids to Japan and check this out.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home